AppOnChip is another level of protection added to Gemalto’s industry-leading Sentinel Envelope which wraps an application to provide robust IP protection against unauthorized use, distribution, tampering and reverse engineering. AppOnChip facilitates an inseparable binding of the Sentinel hardware key to the application. This fully automated process presents software vendors with a list of functions from their application that contain code blocks that are compatible with the AppOnChip feature. The protected code blocks, encrypted and signed, can then be loaded and executed on the hardware key itself. This additional security measure makes it the most secure software licensing implementation in the market. Moreover, this AppOnChip feature can be used to protect both 32-bit and 64-bit native binaries (EXE and DLL files).
Features and Benefits:
- Stronger Security – AppOnChip provides stronger protection from unauthorized software use by requiring the token to be present for the application to execute.
- Easy Implementation – The process of binding the software to the hardware key, analyzing which code can be executed on the token and converting code into token-executable form is entirely automated – no engineering efforts are required.
- Maximum Licensing Flexibility – The protected code blocks do not utilize any of the storage space of the hardware key, ensuring that the ISV has maximum memory available for license storage.
- No headaches for legitimate end users – AppOnChip functionality is transparent to the end users’ experience.
- No Operational Burden – No additional requirements to update the keys in the field if a new version of the software is released.
Feature Brief - Sentinel LDK
Learn more about Sentinel LDK, Gemalto's out-of-the-box software protection, licensing, and entitlement management system.
Download the Feature Brief
Award-winning software protection and intuitive entitlement management features all in one out-of-the-box solutions! Leverage hardware or software-based license enforcement techniques to protect your revenue while Sentinel EMS helps you centralize all operational processes associated with licensing!
Download Your FREE Trial
Sentinel LDK Protection Types
HL Drive microSD
HL Max-Express Card
Sentinel LDK Features
Sentinel EMS for LDK
Sentinel LDK Trialware
Sentinel License Models
LEAP is your essential quarterly guide to software licensing, entitlement, and protection.
Read the Newsletter